7.2.09

At the Master's Command

New journal was a long time comin' :)

I realised that I haven't updated you guys on my own situation since I've been back in Wisconsin (where I did get back safely, indeed!) Arrived the morning of the 10th, got a ride back to Waukesha from a friend and was in church the next morning. The gist of things since then: I returned to New Tribes Bible Institute as an auditor since I am broke, with 2-3 weeks "grace-time" campus to find a place to live. (I say "grace time" lightly because I now owe them $350 for the stay, which I just don't have.)

If you're doing the math, you've probably figured that February 7th is a bit more than 3 weeks beyond January 10th. I've since gotten off campus. I am still presently jobless because it is hard to get around here. The bus system isn't the best since most people drive, and I just don't drive. (Recall that last year, my car was totalled in an accident -- I wasn't in it at the time.)

So I am presently staying about a 20 minutes' drive north, in a place called Menomonee Falls. A young couple from my church named Aaron and Carrie have graciously taken me in until I can get on my feet, which should hopefully be soon. I'm considering, if I can be hirede, a live-in care position in Waukesha where I will take care of the elderly in a small group home. If all goes well, I will be trained and paid to be available to wake up at any time during the night to respond to emergency situations or whatever else may come up. They also have other positions available during the day. There are a few other possible jobs and things, but completely it's up to God to open those doors. I pray that I be used by Him whereever He will have me.

I said I am an "auditor" at New Tribes. The truth is, I have not actually audited classes for over a week now. The last week I was there, I spent much of my time packing and searching. Now I can't even get back there. (Well, I 'could' -- but it would require about a two hour fiasco on the bus every morning.)

I want to speak with caution because I know that a lot of people read this ... But I'm really beginning to question whether New Tribes has any part in my future apart perhaps from some good friends I have there.

I am actually content focusing on my church, CRBC. If I can come to support myself and make a living here, I will be content with that -- and God can take it from there how He will use me and where He will direct me. I am certainly enjoying my current company. Perhaps for the first time since I've been saved, I am finding myself in the consistent fellowship of believers who I match well with on a doctrinal level. (I did not have this so perfectly in Pittsburgh or even at school.) It is a burden lifted, and I find that without stressing so much I can finally rest my soul and focus ultimately on the worship and glory of God. I know that the road will continue to be difficult (as it is for every Christian) but for a pilgrim to finally find the body to which she belongs, it is a time of rejoicing!

Keep me in prayer, as there is still a lot of labouring to be done. I am without car, without job, and the roof over my head has only been graciously lent. It will not be easy, but I know that it is not God's will that I live off others but that I work for what I eat, and so God willing, I will be able to do as much to be a burden to no one, however He should grant the way.

They have a dog here, a dobermann named Rocky. I'm not used to living with dogs, but Rocky is a sweetheart. It's funny, you know? When I let him out, I have to make sure his paws are clean before he comes back in. The first time I attempted this, it was so hard because he just wanted to go his own place, do his own thing. Then Carrie told me that all I need to do is tell him "On the mat!" and "sit!" ... He is so perfectly trained to respond to command.

I am reminded of the Father. Indeed, my Master is of far greater authority over me, than I over any dog. And the day is coming when He will speak and all of creation will fall to its knees! What it is to serve a Master like that ... It repents me to be anything but a faithful, obedient servant to Him!

Pray for me, that I may respond like Rocky to his own masters -- that when God speaks His command, I will be quick and glad to follow through.



No comments: